CSU BBQ Showdown: May 27-28, 2017
CSU and the Stanley Hotel hosted the ultimate kick-off to summer with the 1st Annual Rocky Mountain BBQ Showdown on May 27-28, 2017. The fun took place on the front lawn of the hotel, with live music from White Water Ramble, beer, special speakers and of course, plenty of great BBQ.
Those looking to get in on the competition were able to enter their best brisket, sausage, beef, pork, and lamb ribs, pork shoulder, and chicken. Over $1,750 in cash prizes and thousands of dollars of BBQ gear were awarded.
All proceeds benefited CSU’s Department of Animal Sciences Meat Science Program
Think you’ve got what it takes to smoke the competition? Then test your chops in the 1st Annual Rocky Mountain BBQ Showdown! Enter your best brisket, sausage, pork and lamb ribs, pork shoulder, and chicken to try your luck at impressing the judges to win cash prizes in each category. You can also compete for a People’s Choice award and convince all of Estes Park that you’re the true BBQ Master! The BBQ contestant’s package includes a Friday and Saturday night’s stay. It’s the perfect way to stay and play – no bones about it!
Discount rooms available with ticket purchase. You will receive a special room promo code with your receipt of purchase.
Rocky Mountain BBQ Showdown Contestant Enrollment: $250
- 7:00AM - Contestant Setup Begins
- 11:00AM-12:00PM - Meat Check-In
- 12:00PM - Contest Kick-Off
- 3PM-4:30PM - Live Performance by musical guest, Whitewater Ramble
- 5:00PM - Keynote Guest Speaker Temple Grandin: The World Needs All Kinds of Minds
- 7:00-8:00PM - Live Performance by musical guest, Whitewater Ramble
BBQ Contest Finals
- 11:00AM - Turn-Ins Begin Every 30 Minutes
- 3:00PM - BBQ Award Ceremony & Sponsor Recognition